Sunday, July 27, 2014

Legalize it, don't criticize it.

I have taken more pharmaceutical drugs in the past two months than I have my whole life. Most of them made me feel worse than the ailment. A prescription sleep medicine gave me a horrible nightmare, one pain (non narcotic low dose) killer rendered me useless for 24 hours after taking it, some I used once and now have a bag of drugs that I need to get rid of safely.

The "drug" (medicinal herb) that has helped me with
both pain and sleep is marijuana, weed, ganja, pot, wacky tobacky! 
My friends Jessica and Monika took some beautiful organic pot that I just so happened to have stashed in my fridge and made me raw cacoa & acai brownies and earl grey chocolate truffles!

The pot has saved me during this time. I will have a brownie or a couple of truffles around 10 pm and about 45 minutes later a wave of relaxation comes over my entire body then I have these wonderful, healthy, positive and creative thoughts as I drift off to sleep. When I awaken in the morning I am able to function without any side effects or hangover.

When I arrived at my parents house and was putting away my specific foods and supplements I needed to inform my Mum & Dad that I had brought contraband into the house (like that never happened before!!!!) by way of sweets and if they ate one they would indeed get high!!!!

It is so unfortunate that such a wonderful and useful herb that has such positive health effects is illegal and will take quite awhile (if ever) before it is recognized by the FDA and the health insurance companies. Until then, I'm left to my own devices!!!!!!

Excerpts from the New Yorker about Ambien Sleep medication. The article talks about Mercks scientists meeting with the FDA to get Ambien approved.
The Merck team was frustrated. The F.D.A. had just shown them the draft of a presentation, titled “Suvorexant Safety,” that would be delivered by Ronald Farkas, an F.D.A. neuroscientist who had reviewed thousands of pages of Merck data. In a relentless PowerPoint sequence, Farkas made suvorexant sound disquieting, almost gothic. He noted suicidal thoughts among trial participants, and the risk of next-day sleepiness. He quoted from Merck’s patient notes: “Shortly after sleep onset, the patient had a dream that something dark approached her. The patient woke up several times and felt unable to move her arms and legs and unable to speak. Several hours later, she found herself standing at the window without knowing how she got there.” A woman of sixty-eight lay down to sleep “and had a feeling as if shocked, then felt paralyzed and heard vivid sounds of people coming up the stairs, with a sense of violent intent.” A middle-aged man had a “feeling of shadow falling over his body, hunted by enemies, hearing extremely loud screams.”

Those who stop abruptly may experience “rebound” insomnia that is worse than when they started. Black said, “And they inaccurately assume, ‘Oh, my insomnia’s really bad still.’ ” He laughed. “It’s actually a nice feature for a drug to have, from a pharmaceutical perspective.” 
http://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2013/12/09/the-big-sleep-2

No comments:

Post a Comment