Saturday, September 6, 2014

Boyz Are Not The Only Onz Who Like Toyz!

We country girls have a tendency to be a bit tomboy-ish.

I grew up with a menagerie of many different breeds of sporting dogs - labradors, jack russell terriers (terrors!), brittany & springer spaniels, weimerwiner's, vizsla, doberman pincers and a rottweiler that guarded the house and the property, ornamental birds - peacocks, guinea hens, golden and silver pheasants, fancy chickens, turkeys - horses, cows, goats and sheep! 


My sister and I were constantly in the woods with our dogs or tearing up the land on our dirt motorbikes! 

We would damn up creeks, catch tadpoles and minnows, sprint at top speed from snakes and challenge each other to death defying feats of pure stupidity!

I was a different kind of country girl though because I grew up on game preserves in both the UK & the States. Thousands of acres devoted to game management, nature, the environment, the land, the future (perhaps from a Darwinian perspective).

I am back in this place of natural perfection, this time for the purpose of healing my cancer.

My Dad gave me a paddle boat to paddle around the bay in. I am having SO much fun! It is also fierce exercise.  It doesn't feel like much when you are paddling around but when you get out you realize your whole body has been thoroughly worked out. 







I try to go out every day during high tide 



and I paddle way out into the Chesapeake Bay where its just me and the ospreys, herons, geese and ducks. Sometimes I have to navigate around a fishing boat (crabbing) that goes back and forth checking their lines

and the random lone paddle boarder!






This will be me next summer! What a super work out and a great way to get an all over tan!












Every time I go out in the paddle boat I have to laugh to and at myself! I have always been very athletic and love being outdoors. I used to spend many summers living in Bethany Beach, DE.  We would spend hours water skiing, the crazier and more dangerous the better! Then we would park the boat and head down to Ocean City, MD to Jolly Rogers water park and spend the entire evening on the water slides!! When I wasn't water logged I was in Rehobeth Beach at the gay disco's dancing until the wee hours of the morning!


Now I am the captain of a paddle boat! I paddle out quite far, typically I am out on the bay for at least two hours. You have to constantly paddle and steer the rudder the whole time so it is a great work out. This boat seats four and since I am by myself I switch sides every other day (left or right) so I work out both arms evenly. I put on my bikini, bring a cup of cafe latte and bottle of water (or beer if it is cocktail hour) and off I go!

Most days the water is like glass, it is so beautiful and different every day.








When I first arrived on the Chesapeake my Dad bought me a lawn chair with a shoulder strap so I could go out and sit on the dock or go over to the little private beach. I recall how much work that was both physically and emotionally, I all but needed a safety belt just to sit in the chair! Then I began to walk the driveway about 2 miles round trip.  Now I am paddle boating and I really feel my muscles and whole body getting stronger!

This week I began to practice my energy work again. I take my i phone with me and I listen to specific chants and healing mantras prescribed by my friend, yogi, singer songwriter Monica Ott (who has a voice of an angel) to work with specific exercises to access and activate the more the refined energies of my body and mind. 

Since my illness, so much has changed for me and about me.  I definitely have a very different understanding and relationship with human energy (Chi).  It has to be the most refined, potent and refined energy available. I am going to experiment with aligning this energy with the elemental energies available to me.  I have had some extraordinary experiences in the past so I am looking forward to new possibilities!

It is said that we use such a small percentage of our brain capacity, I believe this is true with chi. I suppose this is the next piece for me to figure out.

This is my "punk-ass" land ride!






La Femme Beverley, hell on wheels!




No comments:

Post a Comment